Thursday, September 6, 2007

First run at Alpha Ridge Park!







This afternoon after I got off of work at the Homewood Center, I changed into my running clothes and decided to do a couple of intervals at a place I had never been: Alpha Ridge Park in Marriottsville (Howard County, the more northwestern part of it I think), Maryland. It is off of Route 99 right near Mount Hebron High School, Marriott's Ridge High School, and the Chapelgate Christian Academy/Chapelgate Presbyterian Church! I ran about 11:04 to warm up around the relatively flat park with some gently rolling hills. Then, I ran two four-minute repeats hard. I ran a lap around a parking lot at the beginning of each interval, I did the first lap in about 1:06, and then the second lap in about 1:03. I felt like I kept up a consistent pace on both of them and I feel like my second interval was a bit faster than the first (not to mention my kick towards the end on my second one was pretty strong too, I thought).
While doing this, I mainly ran on roads, bike paths, and fields. The park has about a couple of football and/or soccer fields, I think some tennis courts, acouple of baseball fields, and a outdoor hockey ring. I liked it I thought it was neat and I'm sure I'll do some more of my runs around that area of Howard County sometime in the near future.
I cooled down for about 11:34. I sorta went a bit easier on this workout, since I hope to run strongly in the Police Pace 5K this Sunday, September 9th at the Centennial Park in Howard County. For more information on this event that starts around 9:00 A.M. this coming Sunday, check out: http://www.policepace.com
Thank you for checkin' up on my blogs and I hope you enjoy the above photos of the Alpha Ridge Park. Take it easy and have a good night out there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to et some info about how you trained, how you found all those races. I am new to this and would like to continue but not sure how to tain and find more races. dancingdiscodiva@aol.com