Saturday, September 1, 2007

Somerset County, Maryland Revisited!

Hey there, I finally got to do the Mike Sterling 10K course in its entirety (unlike last year where it got reduced to a 5K as a result of the weather. It was very scenic and a great time. I ran all right, my right foot was really hurting after the second mile and I really hope it feels better for the Larry Noel Greenbelt 15K tomorrow evening in Prince George's County, Maryland, one of two counties I have not run in yet in Maryland. I hope I can make it to that one and finish it. If I am still hurtin' tomorrow, I'll see what I can do about maybe switchin' to the 3K instead tomorrow evening.
Anyway, the 28th Annual Mike Sterling 10K was fun, part of the 60th Annual National Hard Crab Derby in Crisfield, Maryland. I went through the first mile in about 6:18, four miles in about 27:03 and I finished in about 41:48ish, and took second in the male 20-29-year-age-group division! I almost took the wrong route, but luckily Mike Sterling himself (who went to Crisfield High School and was pretty much a one-person cross-country and track & field team during his high school years there, and one of the founders of the race), caught up to me at that point and helped get me back on course. He started pullin' away from me, but I surprised myself by responding and movin' to keep up with him, despite how much my foot hurt. It was nice that I had that to occupy me, because as I worked to stay up with him, my right foot did not seem to hurt as much. I hung with Mike until maybe about a half mile to go or so, and then he took off. I'm still happy with how I tried to hold on despite how I was starting to limp and cramp up towards the end. It was certainly nice that my right knee was not hurting like last Saturday at the River Valley Run 5K in Manchester (Carroll County), Maryland nor did my legs seem to lose feeling, I think I fed myself well!
I took quite a few pictures from today on the Maryland Eastern Shore, but I'll try to get 'em up later. I'm actually typin' in my brother's room at his college house on his laptop. There's a party goin' on outside that I was invited too and I think that after the race, going to Salisbury (Wicomico County), Maryland to watch the cross country meet, arm-wrestling at the National Hard Crab Derby (which went all right, a neat learning experience), I think I'm gonna join the party.... Or crash, whatever comes first, haha!

I hope everyone has a good night and thank you for reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just like the valuable information you provide for your articles.
I will bookmark your blog and take a look at again here regularly.

I'm relatively sure I will be informed a lot of new stuff right right here! Best of luck for the following!
My web site ... GFI Norte