Thursday, June 28, 2007

Got into the "Fifty-Plus-Races-Per-Year Club"!!!

Hey there, a nice tidbit of good news, I joined this club of people (mainly online) who have done (or are trying to do) fifty races in one year. I have heard about it, and many of the people in it seem to be from the MD, D.C., or VA areas and they do many events around those areas. I decided that since this goal has been helping me to get a high volume of races in this year, I talked to James Moreland, I guess the webmaster of this club, and he said I could join so long as I e-mail him a list of the running races/events I've run in so far this year. As a result of getting a chronological list together for him, I found out that so far I've done a little over thirty races this year, and we're only halfway through this year (not to mention I did not run my first one until the end of January and did not start running a high volume of races until March/April). So hopefully in addition to running a running event in every county of Maryland (plus one in Baltimore City) this year, hopefully I will be able to at least come close to that fifty-races-per-year mark. Hey, if I want this goal to be accomplished, I guess I gotta hit a good number since there are twenty-four goal areas that I'm aimin' for!
Anyway, the link for this club is: http://www.racepacket.com/james/50plus.htm
And the hyperlink to my spot on the webpage is: http://www.racepacket.com/james/50plus.htm#Noah%20Wood

Just in case any of you may be interested. Also, check out some of the other runners on there. Some of them have some really awesome records this year, really nice PR's, and interesting stories too. One of the runners in the group is Ted Poulos, who I think holds an unofficial record or something like that for the number of races run per-year (and he usually runs good quality races too)!!! There are plenty of other avid runners who have spaces on that website like I do and just reading through some of what they put inspires me and I think in a way it has contributed to me undertaking this endeavor!
Anyway, just thought I'd post this to send a little appreciation to all those runners and racer out there, and to pass on some good news too! I hope everyone has a great night out there!

No comments: