Thursday, June 28, 2007

Worcester County, MD on deck... Hopefully!

All right, so if you have been followin' up on my blogs recently, you'll notice that for most of this month I have been trying to run in an event in Worcester County in the Maryland Eastern Shore, but after the three times I've tried, something always seems to go wrong (either the event gets postponed or I've had to work during a rescheduled one). Either way, I've been doing my best to be calm and patient about it, relying on God to provide for me in this through His plans, while running in other counties too! This weekend there are a couple of races in Worcester County right by Ocean City and I'm hoping to at least make one of them. Things look like they're lining up, but something recently went wrong with my car. Last Tuesday night I went to see my friends who are in a rockin' band called No Picnic at the Stone Cellar in Ellicott City and I had trouble getting my car started, but eventually it worked and I was able to get home after the concert. However, I thought it best to take it into the shop, so that I would not be stranded on the Eastern Shore if it broke down on me this weekend. Plus, next week, I'm hoping to fly out to San Diego, California to see my relatives out there (YAAAYYY :) I'm definitely lookin' forward to that and I don't want these vehicular issues on my mind while I'm on vacation, seein' relatives.
Though, more immediate is that hopefully this does not get in the way of me running at least one of those races this weekend in Worcester County. Of all the Maryland counties I have left to run events in this year, I would say Worcester County is one of the harder ones to find running events in, and I do not want to put it off any longer than I have too. I mean, just look at all the things that can get messed up when there's time for it. That's why on a project/quest like this, I think it's best to get things like this over with as soon as possible!!!!
All right, I'm sure many of you already know that's been my attitude throughout a lot of this quest, and it's helped me to stay focused. I just hope and pray that things will continue to work out. Like I said, God has solid plans for me, better than ones I can crank up on my own, and even though I may not be able to understand the benefits of them all just yet, someday I will come to see them for sure!
Thanks for listening and reading, hopefully I will get to see some of you at some races and events in the near future perhaps :)

No comments: