Friday, June 29, 2007

Neat offer!




While I was workin' last night at Safeway, I ran into a gentleman whose sons I used to run with on the Howard County Striders and in many of the local races throughout the years. He helps coach Special Olympics Cross Country in the fall and he asked if I would like to help him coach. I told him I would think about it, 'cause his practices would be on Tuesdays and Saturdays, and since I work for Safeway my schedule may be a little reliable since I do not have nights or weekends free a whole lot. I'll see what happens with it and pray about it. I know I have some nice background for it, being a runner and having just spent a lot of time working with special education students at Wilde Lake High School. It sounds like it would be fun. I just hope that if I end up going through with this, that at that point, most of this goal will have been accomplished (if not completed), but we'll see what happens.

I just thought that was another great piece of news I thought I'd add.

Well, I'm gonna get ready to get over to the shop to see if my car's ready, so that hopefully I can get some more races in this weekend and maybe even help my friend move into his new place. I'm anxious about the upcoming races and counties I want to run in to be more specific, not to mention goin' out to San Diego, but then again, it's all for fun!!!! I guess when you get too focused and driven about something, everything seems like a big deal. Anyway, thank you for reading and enjoy the weekend :)

No comments: