Friday, June 1, 2007

Up and comings!!!!

Hey guys I apologize for not starting this blog sooner (like about two months ago when I actually challenged myself to this). I feel like if any of you are really interested in this idea of running a running event in every county in Maryland, then you've already missed out on a good portion of my endeavor as a result of me putting this blog page off. Oh well, time to make up for a little time!

Anyway, this weekend will probably be one of the most challenging weekends of the year as far as my goal is concerned, but God-willing if I get to make all the races and finish them in good health, I would have made some solid progress on this. Tomorrow morning I plan on goin' down to St. Mary's County to run the National Trails Day 5K down there, then I'm comin' back home to work about seven hours at Safeway. Then Sunday (which I was blessed to have my request to have off that day granted) morning I'll hopefully be running in the Run4Fun 5K up around Elkton in Cecil County (I want to get another one in in Cecil County if I can, because the previous one I had done may seem a little questionable, so I'll try to cover my bases as best I can), and then that evening, I'll hopefully end up in Berlin, MD right outside of Ocean City to run a 5K (the River Run 5K) in Worcester County. Worcester County is the only county on the Maryland Eastern Shore (there are nine counties there) that I have not run an event in yet, so I'm pretty psyched. Once I get the Maryland Eastern Shore done, I would have gotten in one of the hardest regions of Maryland to find a running event in. When I also realized that if I successfully complete a race in this county, that I would have finished a running event in every Maryland Eastern Shore County in wayyy less than a year, I was AMPED!!!!

WHOOOHOOO!!!!

Maybe I'll even get to see some friends from college between the Cecil and Worcester County 5K's this Sunday, that would be very nice! I haven't gotten ready to celebrate yet, though, I still have to make sure everything works out all right and that I finish the races. Just wanted to keep you all posted. Thanks for keeping up and have a great weekend :)

No comments: