Saturday, June 2, 2007

One down, two more to go (hopefully) in this weekend of 5K's

Hey there, I just ran a 5K trail race in St. Mary's County. It was cool, but an avid runner who runs the event a lot says it's actually a lot more than a 5K. After finishing in about 21:38 I would agree and say that it's probably closer to 3.5 miles. It was still fun, nice morning for a run, and I don't think anyone got hurt. It was flat with some rolling hills, but nothing much compared to what I've run in like Howard or Carroll Counties. I finished first, went through the first two miles in just under twelve minutes and maintained a good solid pace towards the end. I was pretty happy with it and the fact that I finished a running event in Maryland's southernmost county!

Tomorrow morning I will hopefully be able to make the Run4Fun 5K in Elkton and then tomorrow evening be able to make the River Run 5K in Berlin, MD. Thanks for all of your support, reading, and prayer so far!

Enjoy your weekend!
Noah W.

3 comments:

Runwithheart said...

Hey there wow commenting on a blog Im doing here I dont usually do this but hey this thing sounded neat...I think amongst all of your runs no doubt the venture to run a race in Cecil county and then drive over to the outskirts of Ocean City will be the most challenging and thus the most rewarding experience of all...the reall question will you beat Hurricane Barry in getting to Ocean City and back?

Runwithheart said...

Sorry not Hurricane Barry Tropical Depression Barry...

Noah Wood - A Maryland Runner said...

Hey thanks Runwithheart, I definitely appreciate that and your attention. I've been fairly sleep-deprived this week and as a result, I was not thinking carefully and failed to check the weather. I was able to make the Cecil County race (and placed nicely there), but the Worcester County one was rained out and postponed. Kind of a downer at first, but there will def be other chances I'm sure!