Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Please Check out my friend Allison's Team in Training Page!!!!




Hey there everyone! Last night I went over to Centreville (Queen Anne's County), Maryland to Doc's Riverside Grille to attend a fundraiser that my friend, Allison Harper, was putting on to help generate more funds for her Team in Training endeavors. She has been doing well in raising funds consistently to fight off nasty diseases like leukemia and myeloma, and she is in very strong shape to participate in the RYKA IronGirl Triathlon on Sunday morning, August 19, 2007 at the Centennial Park in Howard County, MD!
Allison's fundraising ends tomorrow, so if you would like to help out in a good cause and donate as little or as much as you please to her endeavors to raise funds to find cures for these diseases, then check out her site at:

http://www.active.com/donate/tntmd/tntmdAHarper2

Even if you choose not to donate there, she writes some pretty good stuff on there, it's worth reading up on. Allison has been a good source of encouragement (and laughs) for me during a good portion of my endeavors of my state-wide running goal and I would like to give back as I can. Thank you for checking out her Team in Training page!


In addition, some of you may have noticed some newer blog pages in addition to this one under my Blogspot.Com profile. I recently had strong inspiration to use thes blogs as a means to display results from running events that typically do not have their results displayed on the internet, or even in the newspaper. I know some counties that have running events that do not always have their results posted online, so I've set up some blog pages for several of these counties (so far I have Howard, Queen Anne's, Talbot, and Worcester Counties). I do not intend on using these pages to cover and display results of really large events that have their results displayed in several newspapers and on really top-notch websites like the Washington Running Report (http://www.runwashington.com) and Racepacket (http://www.racepacket.com). However, I hope these blogs serve those typically smaller and less mentioned races and running events in the same wonderful capacity that Racpacket and the Washington Running Report does for many of Maryland's (and surrounding areas') running events. While my blogs may appear a little bit more amateurish in comparison, I think it's neat and I'm doing it voluntarily. Already I've begun to display results for events that do not typically get much (if any) coverage in the Maryland Eastern Shore Counties of Queen Anne's and Wicomico, and I am hoping to talk with more event directors and coordinators in the near future to see how I can help to cover/display results for their events and races.

Well thank you for taking the time to read up on all of this new and exciting stuff. I'm off to run an errand and then a race (a low-key Howard County Striders Weekly "Summer Sizzler" Series race at Swansfield Elementary School in Columbia, MD, where I may either run the one mile or the 5K... This nearly one-hundred-degree temperature ought to make it interesting for sure)! Enjoy the day and stay cool as always everyone!

No comments: