Thursday, August 9, 2007

Some more " News"



Hey everyone, thank you for your support so much on my state-wide running quest! Once again, it has made it into the papers, and this time it is in the Columbia Flier, another local paper printed by Patuxent Publishing. They have done so much with the information I have given them over the phone and possibly through my blog too, and it's a wonderful article. It's in Stan Ber's "Bits and Pieces" column of the Sports Section in the Columbia Flier (page 39). The article is called "Local runner will try to race in all Maryland counties". However, if you can't get your hands on a copy, there's actually a link to it on the internet at:

http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_v2.cfm?pnpID=
658&NewsID=828621&CategoryID=1826&show=localnews&om=1

It's the second article down after the RYKA IronGirl Triathlon article and before the Emerson Community One-Mile Fun Run article (now that may actually be an interesting race to look into)!

However, if any of you want a hard copy of the article and/or issue of the Columbia Times newspaper and can't get one, then let me know via e-mail at noahwood@juno.com and I'll do what I can to hook you up. It's on me! You guys are awesome for checkin' up on and supporting me. God blessed me wonderfully not only with a great goal to invest in and some successful progress on it, but with great encouragement through all of you, whether I've known you a while or we just meant. Your attention and enthusiasm towards my endeavors mean a lot to me and I want to share as much of my success with you as I can. You all are amazing, and I wish all of you well in your endeavors whether they are similar to mine or different. I can't believe how far I've come on this quest and that the newspaper editors see it worthy of inclusion in the Howard County Times and the Columbia Flier, and they do a really nice job. Even though I am not done with this endeavor yet, I can not believe how much I have achieved already through God's grace and it's so much more than I expected too. Then again, the Good Lord constantly seems to make things better than we intend, even when we don't deserve it. Jesus Christ lovingly laid down His life so we can have that we could be redeemed in God's eyes and have this kind of favor in God's eyes! I'm reminded of how much God has given to me throughout the accomplishments during this endeavor, and sometimes when I go for a run and take the simple pleasure that I am healthy enough to actually be able to run and jog!

All right, well thank you for listening to me and for being there for me. It's been great to see a lot of you around lately, be it at running events or just around in general. You all are great sources of encouragement and I wish the best for you. I hope you all have a good night and upcoming weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Noah for setting and enjoying the quest for your goals. You've always been a determined person -- even as a ninth grader in history!

Keep up the great work, and enjoy the running life.

Bob Jenkins
Hammond High History Teacher
1997-2007

Noah Wood - A Maryland Runner said...

Thanks Mr. Jenkins, I'm glad you remembered me! Keep up the good work in your endeavors, hopefully I'll cya in future visits there. I'm still local and recently got hired at the Homewood Center to work with special needs students, I'm pretty excited about that! Enjoy!