Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Just got back from seein' the fifth "Harry Potter" movie!



During the afternoon today I got in a good training run, about 6.25 miles in 42:34, not too bad considering I started out with about a 7:12 mile, I had an interval workout last evening, and it was probably the hottest point of the day. Still, I ended up goin' strong throughout and even picked it up in the middle. While I did not intend for it to be so, it was probably closer to a tempo run than an easy distance run. Ah well, at least I got the miles in!
I ran in the afternoon versus the early morning 'cause I had to be at work at eight, and then in the evening I volunteered at a Howard County Striders weekly series race at the Longfellow Elementary School venue in Columbia, helping out at the water stop at the 5K turnaround of the out-and-back 10K course they have at that venue. It was fun, it went by faster than I thought and it was different helpin' out at a race versus running one. After helpin' out at the race, my friend Walton and I went to go see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix at the theater and I liked it. It's based off of the fifth novel in J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series, a series that has been a huge bestseller. I enjoyed the book more than the movie, but the movie was entertaining andnow that I'm on the seventh and apparently final book in the Harry Potter series (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows), it was a good refresher of what happened earlier in the storyline and series.
All right, I'm gonna hit the hay. I'm thinkin' of taking the rest of the week off of running until Saturday's Venus on the Half Shell 5K in Dewey Beach, DE. I figure with all of the races I've done lately, my body can use whatever rest it can I'm sure. I'll still be doing other exercises, but a coupla days not running should not hurt too much .
Thank you for reading, I hope you all have a good night and are enjoying the week!

No comments: