Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Next tentative race in... Delaware again!



So for my next race, I'm thinking that I'll wait until this weekend and maybe cave into everyone's encouragement of myself and others to participate in an event from the Seven Sisters and Four Brothers Road Races series in the Dewey Beach (Sussex County) area of Delaware. The one coming up this weekend is on Saturday, August 4th, and it's the Fifth Annual Venus in the Halfshell 5K Run/walk. I hear they put on some really nice races and have some awesome post-race parties, so since I don't have to be at work on Saturday until four in the afternoon and I'm in the mode of traveling for a coupla hours to do races at different locations, I might as well try one of these "Seven Sisters" races. It should be fun, I'm sure I'll see some people I know from MD/DE Eastern Shore events as well as maybe even some Howard County Striders, who turn up at these every now and then (from looking at the results).
I'll see what I can do about making it to this race. Right now I should get to bed and try to get a decent night's sleep. I hope everyone has a good night out there!!!!!

No comments: