Saturday, July 14, 2007

42:39 for the Frederick Steeplechaser's Run for the Pie 10K!!!

All right, all right, I finally got a Frederick County running event in, WHOOHOO! Although it was my slowest 10K time this year so far, I'm definitely grateful that I found the race earlier this week on RunWashington.Com in their 'calendar' section, and that I was able to make it and finish it! I was crampin' up quite a bit on the challenging out and back course, but I still managed to take fourth overall and get first in my age group (and win a pie as a result). I may have been the only 20-24 year old male participant, but still, it was nice to gain such a tasty reward (a Safeway-brand Dutch apple pie :) YUMMY! This is one of the few low-key races that actually gives out awards that I've come across. I had a fun time and it was a nice morning for running through a course that had a lot of shaded portions on it.
Anyway, I'm gonna go shower, have a nap, and maybe get some ice on my legs before I head off to work at Safeway (maybe to package some pies, how ironic would that be if the bakery department had me doin' that today, haha). Thank you all for reading and I'll hopefully post more about this event in the near future with a few pictures!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn, that area is pretty. Dutch Apple pie sounds good! Congrats on that!

-Addy

Noah Wood - A Maryland Runner said...

Hey thank you for the encouragement Addy! Frederick County is def a pretty area to run in, hopefully I cya again when you are in town!