Monday, July 16, 2007

A more relaxin' day/some upcoming low-key races!

Ah, I think today would be a good day to take off training, since yesterday I did a nice easy recovery run of about 3+ miles and the day before I ran the hilly Run for the Pie 10K in Frederick. Tomorrow I hope to do some early mornin' intervals on the track, it's been a while since I've done speedwork. I'm hopin' I can do maybe about 2 500's and then 2 300's, with about 3-3.5 minutes of rest, with about a good 6-7 minute warmup and cool down. I think they'll be good for what leg speed I have and it's something I can fit in before work tomorrow morning. Later on in the week, my work schedule works out nicely, so I can run some low-key races in Howard County. While I do not intend to work all of them hard, I think they will provide good work outs, fun social events, and they can help me get some more races in this year as I near the "fifty-races-in-one-year" mark for the "fifty-plus" club I recently joined.
This Saturday if it works out well, I hope I can run in the John Wall Memorial Track Run put on by the Annapolis Striders (http://www.annapolisstriders.org). It's a one mile track race at Broadneck High School and it seems like fun. The fastest mile I've run this year was a few months back in Montgomery County at the Gaithersburg Firebirds Mile on the Gaithersburg High School Track, and I had done that in about 5:04. Last week, I ran that hilly mile race in 5:11, and that was without a lot of recent speedwork. So I'm thinkin' that low fives or upper fours would be a realistic mile time goal for the race this weekend. We'll see what happens, hopefully I can make that event!
Well, I'm gonna relax, probably play some videogames, and clean up around here a bit before headin' out to work! Thank you for reading, I hope you all enjoy the day!

2 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

5:04 MILE??? Woot, that's fast!! Well done!

Noah Wood - A Maryland Runner said...

Thanks ma'am!!!! Yea, that 5:04 was in Montgomery County a coupla months back in an evening track race. It was kinda windy if I remember correctly! Thank you for the encouragement!