Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Second Centennial Fun Run of the Summer!

This week I returned to the Centennial Fun Runs around Ellicott City in Howard County and ended up doin' pretty well. I was expecting to hit low 6's, upper 5's as far as a mile time was concerned so I was glad I was able to run 5:44 with out too much trouble (so it seemed, we'll see how I feel tomorrow) and finish 12th overall. This time I definitely held back for several reasons: I had done a shorter interval workout this morning, I was tired from work and gettin' up early, I was kind of hungry, and I wanted to save some energy for tomorrow night. Tomorrow night I am hoping to run a Howard County Striders Summer Sizzler Series #4 at Burleigh Manor Middle School. They have two-mile and five-mile races on rather hilly courses, it's no more than a buck tops I don't think, and you can find out about it from the front page of: http://www.striders.net I've run about 10:51 on that course two times (once back in the January of 2004 then again this past April and I think the one I did this past April was just a little bit faster), so I hope to come away with a new personal-best time on the course by at least a few seconds. God-willing, it can happen, and I hope it does. At the very least, it will give me another great workout like today has!
Thank you for reading everyone! I hope you all have a good night and are enjoying the week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your blog is very interesting!

Please, send me the photo of a your t-shirt or a your clock / watch and the link of your blog,
I' ll publish in my blog!
Thanks Ivo
EMAIL:
ivo.giulivo@gmail.com