Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Tomorrow evening's run/race!

Tomorrow evening I decided that since I've done a one-mile track race last Saturday (the John Wall Memorial Track Classic in Anne Arundel County, MD) and I have not run a 5-Kilometer race for almost a month (not since Saturday, June 30 at the "Dash and Splash" 5K series race in Worcester County), I am actually hopin' to run in the Wilmington Games 5K Run tomorrow evening in Wilmington (New Castle County), DE instead of the "Meet of Miles" race in Columbia. I found out about this one through http://www.races2run.com and it seems like the race director, Wayne Kursh, puts on some neat races (including the "Seven Sisters, Four Brothers series that goes on in the Dewey Beach area of Sussex County, DE during the summer time), so I figured that since I should be off work tomorrow by mid-to-late afternoon, I'll give it a whirl. Who knows if I'll have the opportunity again to run one of those races. Since I'm already goin' all over Maryland to run in these different running events, I figured I might as well do some in Delaware. In the past I have run several races in DE (including the "March Moonlight Madness" 5K Run on Thursday, March 1 of this year in Wyoming, DE).
I'm thinkin' 18:20ish-18:40ish as a rough, yet reasonable expectation of a good time for me to hit at my current level of fitness.
So hopefully it works out for tomorrow. Some people I've met at the northern MD/MD Eastern Shore races I think have done this and other local races in New Castle County, DE according to the race results, so hopefully I'll run into some people I know a little bit.
Thank you for reading!

No comments: