Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Got a nice speed work out in for the first time in a while!





Just got in from that track workout at Hammond High School (my alma mater) that I was talkin' about yesterday! It went pretty well, the first interval ended up bein' more of a warmup one. Hopefully this will help serve me well in future track and shorter races!

2X500 meters
Rep1 - 1:40 (1:20ish at 400 meters)
Rep2- 1:32 (1:12 at 400 meters)

3.5 minutes rest in between

2X300 meters
Rep1 - :54
Rep2 - :53

3 minutes rest in between

Not too bad for me considering it's been quite a few months since I have run a workout like that, and I hope to revisit that workout again in the near future! This evening if the weather is nice, I hope to go out to a one-mile Centennial Fun Run in Howard County (of course I also plan on holdin' back a lot more than I did last week) to get another race in for the "Fifty-Plus" club, plus it's a fun atmosphere.
Thank you for readin', I'm off to work now, enjoy your day!!!!

No comments: