Thursday, July 19, 2007

Metro Harriers' All-Comers Track and Field Meet (their fourth one this summer)

So I ended up being available for this low-key all-comers meet at North County High School in the Ferndale/Linthicum/Glen Burnie area of Anne Arundel County, MD. I figured I'd run at least the 1,500 and 3,000 meters to get some more races under my belt to get closer to running at least fifty races this year for the "fifty-plus" club. I think after last night's two-miler with the Howard County Striders, I'm just over forty races this year, so hopefully I can close in on that goal relatively soon. I think I just gotta get these races in while I'm available and healthy!
I ran really well tonight, considering all the hard work and previous two races earlier this week. Plus, I wanted to still save a little bit for this Saturday's John Wall Memorial Mile in Anne Arundel County this Saturday, which I hope I can make. This definitely gave me some confidence for it and proved a great workout. Here's how I ran!

1,500 meters - 1st place - 4:42
800 meters - 2nd place - 2:21
3,000 meters - 2nd place - 10:41

I'll give you all some more details later on. Unfortunately, it slipped my mind to take photos. While I was at work today, I found out some upsetting news that my boss's son was in the hospital in rough condition, because he was at a bar last night and someone was drunk and apparently beat him bad enough to send him to the hospital. I hope that God and the doctors can help him recover and that he can pull through this. If anything got me really stoked and a little on edge to run this evening, it was probably that horrible news.
Anyway, thank you all for reading and I wish you all a good night :)

1 comment:

Mac James said...

FREE Recovery Seminar. All endurance athletes are invited to a free seminar to learn about proper recovery techniques. Future of Fitness (voted "Best Gym in Crofton" by the Crofton Patch, and winner in 5 categories in the 2012 "Best Of Beauty and Fitness" issue of What's Up Magazine) has a team of recovery experts that want to share their knowledge and experience with you. Learn all about Fascial Stretch Therapy, Massage Therapy, Trigger Point Therapy, and Deep Muscle Stimulation. Each can help improve your performance, relieve soreness, allow you to engage in more rigorous training, and help you reach your goals. Interested? Log onto our website for more information or to register (just click on the "Upcoming Events" tab): www.future-of-fitness.com.