Thursday, July 26, 2007

More photos from the Wilmington Games 5K race last evening!




These photos I found myself in are courtesy of http://www.races2run.com They helped put on the event and had results. When I looked at the results, I noticed that they gave some people (myself included) slower times than they said they got, I guess to compensate for them accidentally cuttin' the course short like I did. A minute was slapped onto my time, so now they have me down for a 19:35 instead of the 18:35 I saw on the clock, but that's fine by me, because that is probably closer to what I would have hit had I run the full 5K.
So yea, I'm glad they adjusted my time a bit and that I still finished 5th (2nd in my age group). I hope no one else is thrown off by it.
Well, I'm gonna get ready to head to work soon and pack for the beach this weekend. I'm going to Rehoboth Beach (Sussex County), Delaware for the weekend to vacation with my family. I'm lookin' forward to it, and on Sunday morning, July 29th, the YMCA 5-Mile Run is goin' on apparently within walking distance of the beach, so I'm hopin' to run that while I'm there (and based on yesterday's run, I think it would be safe to maybe shoot for breaking 32 minutes, that way I don't think I would get so banged up and yet give myself a strong run hopefully). That race is put on by the Seashore Striders (http://www.seashorestriders.com) and I've done some of their races before (including the Oxford Day 10K Run earlier this year on Saturday, April 28 in Talbot County, MD) and from my experience they put on good stuff.
All right, thank you all for reading (or viewing the photos), have a great day!

No comments: