Friday, July 13, 2007

Saw "Evan Almighty"




Hey there, I just got back from the movies with my friend Walton. Instead of seein' a horror movie like most people will probably do today since it's Friday the 13th, we went to see the funny sequel to "Bruce Almighty" called "Evan Almighty" (with Steve Carrell in it). At first I was not expecting too much of it, but I ended up enjoying the mostly clean humor in it and all the different special effects with the animals. Although it pretty much spoofed off the Noah's Ark portion of the Old Testament Scriptures, I thought there were still some good solid morals as far as families, perseverance, and kindness were concerned. In the movie Evan gets a calling to build an ark, and although he is against it at first, he works very hard to get it done despite many of his co-workers, peers, neighbors, and even some of his own family protesting him and his efforts. I'm not gonna say much more and spoil the movie for anyone who wants to see it, but I found it inspiring, especially in terms of my present running goal. I know that what I'm doing is quite unique, and there are probably people who think worse things about it, but I can't let that discourage me, especially since the Good Lord has helped me get so far already. It's important to stay encouraged and stay focused on the One who is bringing me to and through this challenge!
Thank you for reading, hopefully you feel a little bit more inspired after reading that. Enjoy the weekend :)

No comments: